Main purpose of the position:
The management of IT projects as well as the maintenance, development and implementation of software and IT systems for the company.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or similar tertiary qualification;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the development, maintenance and implementation of software and IT systems;
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience, especially in the management of IT projects with the aim of successful and timeous implementation.
- Exceptional communication and language skills in Afrikaans and English;
- Exceptional software development skills;
- Software development skills in COBOL, RPG and the IBM-i operating system will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in an agricultural environment recommended;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and manage a team and function within a team;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Coordination and management of IT projects, especially the productivity and the efficient utilisation of IT Programmers;
- Testing and implementing of software and databases via an electronic implementation control system;
- The development and maintenance of software and IT systems;
- The maintenance of system standards;
- Internal and external liaison;
- Provide training and support to users on current and new software and IT systems;
- Providing business related services to management.