Salary: Highly negotiable depending on experience
- Degree (B Tech, B Eng Tech, B Eng or B Sc) Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- DMR Certificate GCC Mines and Works (Electrical or Mechanical)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mining environment
- Successful completion of GCC in a mining environment
- Leadership Development Programme (LDP) or equivalent qualification.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate)
- Valid driver’s license.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide input into the departmental budget. Manage the budget for the area of responsibility. Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
- Responsible for the planning and organising of resources to obtain production targets.
- Execute and approve administrative tasks, including applicable systems (e.g. Pipware, Modern Flow, ESS, Xtime, Isometrix
- Provide Engineering expertise and skills to the operation; advising on Engineering solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- Plan and coordinate major shutdowns with internal and external clients to ensure the timeous allocation of resources.
- Coordinate the design of new equipment and ensure integration with the application of existing technology and resources.
- Responsible for risk evaluation and alleviation within design of systems, equipment and products (Technical and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ)).
- Responsible for the execution of discipline design (systems, equipment and products) through to documentation and data pack management.
- Responsible to perform fault-finding via drawings for effective equipment availability.
- Responsible as a Regulation 18.104.22.168 legal appointee for underground / Shaft / surface / Plant workings as outlined in legal appointment.
- Ensure compliance to Statutory requirements and Mine Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Aligned to Group and consistent application of all Engineering Policies across the operations.
- Ensure that the Engineering Function’s policies, procedures and methodologies are aligned to continuously improve the effectiveness of support to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to asset and maintenance management policies.
- Ensure that all Engineering reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Monitor and evaluate performance against established strategies, frameworks, systems and programme, and identify and advise on opportunities for improvement
to provide assurance to the Engineering Management.
- Analyse and interpret maintenance trends and variances and initiate change.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to engineering standards and specifications.
- Improve maintenance practices to increase availabilities and margins.
- Ensure capacity and bench strength of functional talent pool by coordinating, directing and leading Engineering talent in area of responsibility.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders on Engineering related matters, and support the operation on Engineering related engagement.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system within the operation.
- Participate in a sustainable process to identify, assess and rank Engineering risk as these relate to the operation, in order to promote an Engineering and risk-aware culture, ensure that any potential impact is understood, and facilitate effective decision
making, Engineering risk mitigation and provide this as input into the ERM program.
- Contribute to the identification, analysis and interpretation of Engineering risks within the operation and contribute to the design and implementing of strategies and systems to mitigate risk and to prevent and reduce loss of the operation’s assets. Provide
- this as input into the ERM program.
- Assist with the development, reviewing, monitoring, training and implementing all codes of practice, procedures, risk assessments and standards and ensure all are in place for the effective management of safe working conditions in terms of related area of responsibilities and legal requirements.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Vision and Values.
- Perform Management Leadership practices.
- Know and understand responsibilities for legal appointment.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding sound engineering principles and practices.
- Analyse maintenance trends and variances, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Have knowledge and skill in implementing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Know and understand continuous improvement methods and techniques.
Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent qualification.
Kindly apply on Pnet or Indeed or on our website fspersonnel.co.za
|Position Level||Senior Management|
|Experience in Years||5 years|
|Physical Location||Northern Cape|