Purpose of the role: Evaluate, manage and approve credit risk within the Medium Corporate segment by providing advice and support through the implementation of group credit mandates, risk frameworks and methodologies.
The successful candidate will service the biggest Agricultural portfolio in the Northern Cape in Upington, but will be based in Bloemfontein with the Northern Cape Credit team.
Salary: Our client offers a market related (Negotiable) remuneration, which includes medical- and pension fund.
- Equity EE/AA Candidates
- Gr 12
- Qualification: Relevant Post Graduate in Finance
- Accounting Accreditation CA (SA)/CFA
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 1 to 2 years ideally at junior (entry level) management level
- Computer literacy
- Own reliable vehicle with a valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in English and neat to understand Afrikaans (Non-Negotiable)
- In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The senior Credit Manager will 2IC to the Credit Head and a successor as well.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate
- Knowledge of Credit Systems
- Responsible application of allocated Judgmental Credit mandate
- Assess and approve credit in terms of approved mandate to minimise Credit Risk to the business and manage the credit approval process
- Develop, encourage and nurture collaborative relationships within the Business across Product Houses and and/or across the FRG
- Approve or recommend counterparty exposure across multiple products
- Manage credit risk at origination and on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate the Business Advances Growth Strategy
- Manage respective portfolio within the businesses budget and bad debt highway
- Drive customer service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards and in support of operational objectives
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships that enable achievement of operational objectives
- Ensure compliance to legislative and audit requirements and adherence to relevant processes
|Job Category||Accounting, Auditing, Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental & Fishing, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Stockbroking, General Management|